Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) draws students from all corners of the country as well as foreign countries, especially Africa, West Asia and Southeast Asia. In some courses, seats are reserved for students from SAARC and Commonwealth Countries.
The University has 13 Faculties viz.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering & Technology
- International Studies
- Life Sciences
- Management Studies & Research
- Social Sciences
- Unani Medicine, each comprising of several Departments of Studies.
The University also maintains a number of Colleges, Institutes, Centres and Schools. Notably among them are:
- Women’s College
- Centre of Professional Courses
- Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit
- Zakir Hussain College of Engineering & Technology
- Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
- Dr. Ziauddin Ahmad Dental College
- Institute of Ophthalmology
- Centre for Advanced Studies in History
- Centre for Women Studies =University Polytechnic
- University Women’s Polytechnic
- K.A. Nizami Centre for Quranic Studies
- Community College
- Centre for Promotion of Educational and Cultural Advancement of Muslims of India (CPECAMI)
- Schools including one for the visually challenged.
The details of courses of studies and the eligibility requirement for admission to each course have been outlined in this Guide. Admissions in all the courses are done on the basis of rules framed by the Academic Council for each course as amended and enforced from time to time. Further, admissions to AMU, Aligarh as well as AMU Centre at Malappuram, Murshidabad and Kishanganj will be made through a single admission process for courses of study being taught at more than one location.
(Source AMU Admission Guide 2021-22)